Monday, October 16, 2006


Fall Fun!

On Saturday we made our annual trek to Green Bluff to pick out pumpkins. We try and do this every year, but missed last year due to bad soccer schedules and getting ready to pick up Jack from China. This was Jack's first visit to the pumpkin patch and he acted like he was a pro. There are several farms at Green Bluff and we like Harvest House in the fall. They have a great atmosphere and go all out to make it fun for the kids. Eli and Jonah complained about going (they are outgrowing all our fun family traditions) but once we reminded them about the famous pumpkin doughnuts they were ready to go. When we got there the place was packed. There were 3 long lines. One for pumpkin doughnuts, one for pie and one for caramel apples. Jason agreed to stand in the line for the doughnuts and I took the kids to the hay maze. It was so fun. Jack was apprehensive at first but ended up loving it. We were just hanging out in the hay maze when Anna ran into her friend Natalie. We were so excited to see their family. Finally after 45 minutes in line Jason emerged from the doughnut line. They limit your purchase of doughnuts to one dozen, but Jason was able to talk the people in front of him into buying a dozen extra for us so we had plenty for our family and the Zorich's.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason sure made the pumpkin doughnuts sound good. Looks like you had fun! I'm glad my kids are still young enough to be excited about just about anything. Don't know how I will handle the "I don't want to go" phase.

Lucy said...

I've been bad going to greenbluff lately. Sometimes it feels like Costco...only outside. I hate lines!

Cute pictures though. Pumpkins make a great backdrop. And the doughnuts sound delish.

Carolyn said...

What cute pictures! I'm so glad we ran into you guys - thank you for the doughnuts.

cjanerun