


Group Therapy
I am amazed at how much I have come to depend on my bookgroup. Maybe it's because book group is the only extracurricular activity I have right now.
I've always loved to read, but after I finished college and started having kids reading for pleasure became less of a focus as I became interested in other things. Book group has been great because it motivates me to read more. This month we read Never Let Me Go and it's one of the best books we have read. I liked it because it isn't my typical read. It's science fiction and I found it fascinating and thought provoking. I definitely recommend it.
For me the best thing about book club is the girl talk. I'm a talker and I love to connect with other women. We have such a great group and I've definitely come to depend on them for major debriefing about life. It reminds me of being in college and staying up late with my roommates. We have had so many great discussions and sometimes I wake up the next morning with major regret about the secrets I've divulged or the opinions I've shared. I think we all feel that way to some degree. It's comforting to know there are other people going through the same things I am. Sometimes I sit in my busy house and feel like I'm the only one going through certain things.
This month bookgroup was at my house and I had a great time getting the house and food ready. October was a fun month to host because of the halloween/fall decor. Having so many toddlers at once has made me scale down my holiday decorating but now that the little kids are getting bigger I can put more things out.
The highlights of this months discussions were: the entire book group decided to start blogging and we watched our favorite you tube videos together. Can't wait for November!

+copy2.jpg)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you enjoy bookgroup as much as I do. It is my must-go-to event. I think we have a great group and great discussions. You were a fabulous hostess.
Your book group looks fun especially hanging with the girls and eating the yummy food. We don't have a fun group like that here.
Post a Comment