
We woke up early, let Jonah unwrap his presents and headed to our favorite lake, Porcupine Bay.
We tubed, skiied, ate and played. The temps were low but that doesn't stop us from enjoying every minute.

Jonah skiing.

Gorgeous scenery

Emma wakeboarding

Anna pulls in the rope.

Jack on the tube

Cool teenager

Loving the tube.

oops..dad drove too fast.

That's better

Happy Jonah on a wild ride by himself.


Burying Reese in the sand.

The girls love the merry go round.

Fun in the sand.
Sunday was the big holiday and I actually loved having the 4th on a Sunday. It seemed very appropriate. I had to teach RS and that was sort of a bummer but I liked doing it. After we got out of church we headed to the cabin to await the fireworks over the lake.


Due to the cool temps the lake was nearly empty. We have never seen it like this on the 4th.

Jason and Jack pass the time.

Puzzle time.

My cute niece Christie who is on bed rest. Passing the time crocheting and stitching.

Finally on the boat.

There's the cousins.

Grandma and Emma keeping warm.

I was there too. Also trying to keep warm.

Finally it's dark enough for fireworks.

We made dinner and then lounged around waiting for the 10:00 pm start time. The fireworks did not disappoint. I am so grateful that Jason knows how to avoid traffic. We always drive the back way home and it proved to be a good choice. Even with our shortcut we didn't make it home until midnight. A small plane had to make an emergency landing on I-90 which delayed traffic for hours. We talked to some friends who didn't make it home until 2:30 am. Jonah had to meet for scout camp the next morning at 5 am for scout camp.
In other news, where is Eli? He's living it up in Provo for a month. 1 week of EFY and then 3 weeks of a Chinese language and culture camp. We have only heard from him a few times. He's too busy to miss his family. I was a little nervous when we dropped him off but it's turned out to be the best thing ever for him. We sure did miss him on the 4th of July.

+copy2.jpg)
5 comments:
Looks like you are having fun!! Happy Birthday to Jonah. Our 4th of July was a bit of a downer...the weather just made it miserable...looks like maybe you got a bit more sun than we did. Or...maybe you just had a better attitude?
P.S. Your pictures look fantastic. Misty's class is really paying off. :)
What a fun looking 4th of July and a good looking family too! Happy birthday to Jonah. How does it feel to have 2 teens...I will next year. :)
Love, Love, Love all the pictures!! It is so beautiful there. Looks like you all had a blast!!!
Thanks for the wonderful pictures!
great pictures thank you
love
anandad
Post a Comment