It was so fun to be with all six of my siblings and their spouses and kids. The kids had all grown and we even added a new sister in law and a couple of new baby boys.

All the kids had a great time playing together and Eli and Jonah loved hanging out with their cool uncles.

We enjoyed the great weather in Utah and Jonah and Jason took advantage of a great opportunity to waterski with a pro, Marcus Brown. It was the highlight of the trip for them. While they were skiing the rest of us went to a fun pool for the afternoon.


On Saturday two of my brothers, George and Nathan did a triathalon. In the afternoon we went to the chalk festival downtown and then to see Toy Story 3. We all loved the movie. I was a bit startled to realize that the first two Toy Story movies came out when Eli and Jonah were just little toddlers and now they are all grown up. There were a few tear-jerker moments of the movie.



That night we made smores by the fire and played the boys favorite game, Mafia.

On Sunday my brother Jethro blessed his baby boy and had a fun BBQ in their amazing backyard and showed us their very impressive garden.

Monday Jason and I headed down to BYU to drop Eli off for EFY. Eli is so brave and went solo this year. I was a nervous wreck thinking of him spending a week by himself. But by the time we got him settled into his room I realized how great this is going to be for him and how many lessons he will learn being on his own. After EFY he will attend a 3 week Chinese language camp and that will be the true test as it will be very challenging.
Jason stayed in Provo to do some work but I booked it up to Park City to meet the rest of the kids at the Olympic Park. They loved doing the zip line and Lily barely didn't weigh enough so I went on the Alpine slide with her.





My sweet grandparents hosted a big family party for all of the Utah relatives. It was so fun to see cousins I haven't seen for years.

+copy2.jpg)
4 comments:
Looks like a fabulous family get together. Jonah looks like quite the skier, now. I'm impressed. Miss you guys. It's my birthday tomorrow and we're going to the lake and it's perfect (because I love the lake) except...well...I wish you guys were there:)
I hope a road trip brings you down here someday!!!
Looks like it was a great trip! I love the shot of you and Lily on the alpine slide. FUN!
so lovely to see all the pictures all of you kids looked like you had a great time that is a big book jack has in his hands. ls he reading it? good for him.
we love you all .
love
anandad
I love seeing the pictures of your exended family. I think Eli and Jethro look A LOT like!
Hope you're having a good summer. I've just been hanging around, waiting for my thumb to grow back! HA!
Post a Comment