- I am mourning the passing of Truman Madsen and have been thinking a lot today of my time spent in Israel with him and his equally amazing and intelligent wife Ann. The thing I admired most about them was their marriage. They were equally yoked in intelligence and spirituality. Both of them impacted my life in lasting ways. I still have my set of scriptures from that time that are marked up with insights I learned from them every time they taught. I've spent the day cleaning the house, listening to Truman's CD's about Joseph Smith, just to hear his voice.
- The school year is quickly coming to a close. All four kids had major projects this week that almost put me over the edge. I was so proud of how hard they worked to do their best work. Now everything is done and we can jump into our short summer. Eli, My most awesome, incredible, and humble son, made a commercial starring Jonah for his project. I'll put it on if I can.
- We have had awesome weather this week which has prompted two trips to the lake and hopefully another trip tomorrow. Lily, Jack and Anna all got up on the wakeboard so it should be a fun summer of skiing and wakeboarding. Another reminder that the hard work when they were all little has paid off as they all hit milestones at the same time.
- We have planted a little garden. Ironically it is on our deck. We would love to work the land we have but it is too cost prohibitive so we have set up some square food gardening boxes on our deck. Let's hope we can grow something.
- Jason and I have been hosting a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Class at our house. We took the class a couple of years ago and loved it. It's been great to take it again and fine tune our financial goals.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Five For Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+copy2.jpg)
4 comments:
I too have been thinking of Truman Madsen. While in college, my grandma sent me "Joseph Smith the Prophet." It was just what I needed to solidify my testimony.
Don't ya love when the year-end projects are done!?!
I hadn't heard that he passed. Jay and I used to listen to his tapes. My favorite line of his was off the Joseph Smith lecture too. He was talking about the Milky Way Galaxy and he said in that distinguished voice of his, "The Milky Way is....Milky." Jay and I still say it to each other. Great man.
I really wish I were laking it up with all of you this summer. We've been stagnant the last two summers and it makes me sad thinking if we had stuck around, Seth and Sam would probably be getting up now too. Ah well. It wasn't meant to be.:)
Enjoy your summer. Nice to find you blogging.
Oh, and that is awesome about hosting the Dave Ramsey thing. I've talked to our bishop here about doing something, because it works! Jay and I are still going strong and I feel so incredibly blessed to have had that opportunity in our ward. It seriously changed us.
Oh how I am going to miss him. he was one of the most influncial men in the church.
love
anandad
Post a Comment