
Three summers ago I sat poolside with Lucy as our children learned to swim. Lucy discussed her two passions: blogging and So You Think You Can Dance? I have yet to watch an episode of SYTYCD but i did start reading her blog and was instantly hooked. Then I started my own blog. My first post was titled, "Equal Sharing." Basically I was saying if I'm going to read other people's blogs I might as well share my own thoughts. Last night Kariann, Lucy and I sat at a round table at one of our favorite restaurants. It's been a year since we've seen Lucy. I asked Lucy, "Do you think blogging is dead?" Because for me, obviously, it pretty much is. But this reunion with Lucy made me realize that once again the sharing is not equal. I know what's going on with her yet I remain silent. As I walked Lucy up the hill from the backyard to say goodbye I realized how important friendship is and how important it is to stay connected. And so today I bring my blog back from near death.

+copy2.jpg)
8 comments:
I believe blogging has been replaced by Facebook! I am saddened by this because I really don't like facebook, but must be a member so that I can keep track of everyone! ;o)
Welcome back. I don't think it's dead but I do think it has changed. I totally remember your phrase about "equal sharing." I do believe that's how we hit it off so:) I'm a believer in that too though I may overwhelm many with my usual too much information.
Please don't stop blogging! It's how I stay filled in with you & your family. I don't have any interest in doing Facebook or Twitter, but I still love blogging. For me, I use it as a journal & way to fill in our happenings with Cole & her husband & now baby.
Andrea
I hopw you contiune with the blog.
facebook is too much other stuff. it is interesting but not as personal as blog.
love
dad
Wow, that picture is so amazing! Good to hear from Lucy. I miss her! And once you print out and bind your blog as a family history, you will never stop!!
Long live the blog!
Just wanted to comment that I love watching SYTYCD, I definitly recommend watching it!
How fun to meet with your friends and so glad you're back and blogging! It's been a lot harder to blog - I so understand! Can't wait to hear how everything is!
Post a Comment