I am trying to keep the kids on a schedule and so far it's working out great. We are reading lots of great books and just trying to relax. Next week the boys are taking tennis and archery lessons and the little kids will be doing swimming lessons. We plan to spend as much time at the lake as possible. This week while Carrie watched the little kids I had a cooking lesson for the three oldest. They made chicken enchiladas and chocolate chip cookies and then we delivered them to a woman in our ward who was due anyday to have her 3rd child. Next week they will have their 2nd cooking class and we will again deliver the meal to this same woman. Here's Emma the next day at the Ronald McDonald house. She was able to make the cookies all by herself.
Today we did a field trip downtown and rode the carosuel. After that we met friends at our new neighborhood waterpark. I told the kids we would do a field trip every week and they are so excited. I'm really surprised that the boys are going along with all my plans but they seem to love it. I'm glad they are still so loving.
Notice Jack and his energetic ways
Jonah at the world famous red wagon slide
Notice how the pool is empty? It had to be evacuated due to an unfortunate potty accident. I was so relieved it was not one of my kids.The kids love this place. I personally think they charge too much for admission (it's actually pretty affordable but just adds up when paying for all of us). I prefer cheap (i.e. free) entertainment.

+copy2.jpg)
3 comments:
This is some great summer recapping. This will turn out to be such a memorable summer for you all, the boys are young enough to still enjoy the outings and the littles are old enough for you to enjoy the outings!
My kids are booked up for the month of June, but July is going to be our field trip month. We've been planning a calendar of events. Looking forward to more of your recaps!
Is this the waterpark next to the school? Cool! Looks like fun and I love, adore seeing pictures of such a beloved place. Your kids are cute too!
The kids and I love the new waterpark too! I wish they didn't charge so much, or didn't charge if you aren't getting into the water. This is where we are having Jackie's birthday this year.
Post a Comment