Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh My Hail!

The water gushing off our roof
The ground covered with hail
The view out the window

I just have to document what happened on June 11, only one day after we got home from Brazil. We were snuggling the kids getting ready to tuck them in when we noticed a big, black cloud approaching from the west. It just kept getting darker and darker and they sky was so pretty. I finished tucking in the girls and Jason was still snuggling with Jack. It was time to pick up Eli from YM so I backed out of the garage and as soon as I was out I heard the most horrendous sound on the roof of the car. Nickel size hail was coming down fast and furious. I thought the car was going to get ruined so I pulled back in and did something I never do: I let all the kids out of bed to witness this force of mother nature. We were all amazed. I had to let the storm ride out before I ventured back to the church to get Eli. He was the only one left when I arrived. As I drove down our hill the hail had stopped and there was the most beautiful rainbow. I wish I would have had my camera to capture it.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wacky weather!

"something i never do...let the kids out of bed." I hear ya! That must have been SOME storm!

Lucy said...

No wonder you are all basking in the finally warm weather. You have had a crazy winter/spring. I hope the summer is as benign and beautiful as always.

cjanerun