Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jack

It seems we have been talking about Jack's birthday for months now, probably since Lily's six months ago. Finally the big day arrived yesterday and all he could say was that he was now five like Lily. When he walked into our room he was beaming he was so excited. We opened the presents first thing and then headed to Old European Breakfast for what ended up being lunch. From there we headed straight to the cabin where we spent a glorious day on the lake. It was our first true hot day of the summer and we loved it. The day ended with cake on the deck as we were heading home. It was such a simple celebration but Jack was so happy. I can remember three years ago on his 2nd birthday knowing we were going to adopt him but not having him yet. It was so hard to think of him all alone on his big day. I'm so glad that he's with us now.
Here are five great things about Jack:
  1. He loves to sing. He will sing along with anything--church songs, movie soundtracks, the theme song from Arthur. I'm always surprised by how well he knows the lyrics.

  2. He is super snuggly, but only at bedtime. Jason and I always fight over who puts him to bed because we want the good lovin.

  3. He loves the Book of Mormon and loves to analyze the stories. His favorite is the tree of life which I think is appropriate for his personality. He is fascinated by the rod and the river that runs along it. We discuss this often. I really hope he can hold onto that rod.
  4. He is a boy of action. He always wants to know where we are going and what we will be doing next.

  5. He's got some major attitude which can annoy me one minute and literally charm the socks right off me the next. I happen to think he's the cutest little boy ever.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that last picture with him standing in front of the family! That's a whole FHE lesson right there, "if your family has your back you can rule the world!"

Happy Birthday Jack!

jethrojones said...

Yes, that last pic of him in front of the whole family is great!

Lucy said...

Great pictures. Happy Birthday Jack!

cjanerun