Thursday, March 06, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!





We are loving our glorious spring weather. Funny how 52 degrees in the spring can turn one to shorts and t-shirts but the same temperature in the fall finds us in sweaters and jeans.


To celebrate the arrival of spring I let Emma skip school today and we took the little kids skiing for a few hours. It was so fun and eventually we took our gloves off and Emma even took off her coat. I've defnitely got the skiing bug and am trying to take every opportunity to go before the snow melts.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

That first picture is so cute. Second picture, little kid all by herself on the lift is totally scary to me, because I'd be scared up there! She's like a super hero!

Letting the kids skip school for fun, that's my kind of mom. Almost makes me want to rethink my anti-snow moods.

Lara said...

You are so brave, spontaneous and fun! Glad you could have a fun day with all the little kids!

Been meaning to call you - but life, as usual, has been crazy! So sorry you had to leave McD early yesterday!!!!! You take everything so well in stride though.

I really will be glad to pick up Lilly and Jack from preschool for you tomorrow! It would be the least I could do after all you have done for me!!!!!!!!!

Lara said...

Hey, just realized you had more posts I hadn't read yet. I just don't know how you get all you do done!!!!! You are awesome!!!!

[alisar] said...

You win the "memory maker" award today. I'll bet Emma will talk about the day she ditched school to ski with mom for years to come. Good for you!

Lucy said...

Looks perfect. I'm glad you're getting your skiing in.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oooh, you're giving me the bug to get up on the slopes one last time! Looks like you were on freshly groomed runs too. That's holy ground. I was totally impressed by Jonah's dragon cake! What a great last cake to make!

carlo said...

what fun to call your own snow day. i have been tempted in the past but never actually did it.

jenny said...

How fun to have a sport like that so close to home. You said it best about the weather. Funny how we bundle up in the fall and when it has been cold all winter break out the shorts!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smelly Moose said...

Hey Andrea! I'm glad you like your Scentsy!! Either way is fine with me, but with a check I won't have the 'paypal fees.' Adam said I can't put my address on here (silly Adam) so if you could just email me at lightbulb_82@hotmail.com, I'll send you my address (or if Paypal is more convenient, you can send the payment to that email address too :) Have a good night!
Liz

cjanerun