Pictures coming soon!
We're in Salt Lake for what has become our annual Spring Break trip. We left yesterday and broke the trip up into two days since my sister had company at her house until just minutes before we arrived. She is definitely the queen hostess always willing to let our clan invade.
The trip got off to a rocky start yesterday. I needed to run to Albertson's to pick up some snacks for the trip and rent a few movies for the car. We woke up to snow (again) and I pulled out of the garage and headed down the driveway. It was snowing heavily and it was a complete whiteout. I ended up driving right into a snowdrift that was at least 18 inches high. I was completely buried. Jason and I had to dig the car out. I finally made it to the store only to get home and realize I had left my purse in the cart in the parking lot. Luckily it was early in the morning and the thieves weren't out and a nice employee took my purse back in the store. As we were loading the car we realized we had an almost flat tire so we had to make a quick trip to Les Schwab. Finally we were on the road.
The kids were good on the drive and we managed to only stop once for gas and a quick lunch. Our new favorite thing to do on road trips is to call ahead to restaurants and order our food so all we have to do is run in and pick it up. We've done this with pizza and this time we called Subway and ordered our sandwiches. They were just finishing the last sandwich as we walked in the door.
We arrived in Idaho Falls and were able to have dinner with some good friends. They are the family that led us to Lily as their daughter slept in the same room as Lily in the orphanage. It's always fun to see the girls together and how much they have changed since their adoption day four years ago. They fed us the yummiest homemade Chinese dinner and were so patient with us as we terrorized their house with all sorts of unruly behavior. I'm sure they spent most of this morning mopping their sticky floor from the entire can of pop that crashed to the floor. What great hosts.
We all headed over to our hotel and let the kids swim until midnight. The kids had the best time. It was the perfect way to work off all their energy after sitting in a car all day. I don't think my little kids have ever stayed up that late and they slept in until about 9:30 this morning. We spent a leisurely morning at the hotel and then headed to Salt Lake. The drive was uneventful and fast and we are so excited to be in our of our favorite cities for an entire week.

+copy2.jpg)
5 comments:
Sounds like fun!! Glad you got your purse back...scary. Give SLC our love!!
Isn't it funny how the worst nightmare days turn into the funniest blogs? I can totally relate with this day so it's funny to read it from you and know how well you let stress roll off your back. i'm happy you get a fun trip! It will feel great to get out of the snow!
Seems like there is always something when you are trying to head out of town! So glad you could finally get going on your way.
I am so jealous of everyone going to warmer places. How is Utah weather wise?
We went to Idaho for a couple of days - for winter break - it snowed!!!!
Have a great trip!!!
oh how cool to reunite every year. i love the idea of the kids swimming until midnight!!!!
Post a Comment