Monday, March 03, 2008

Book Review--The Thirteenth Tale


The Thirteenth Tale--I finally got around to reading this book after so many people have raved about it. I read it late at night while Jason was out of town last week and let me tell you I heard every little noise my house made as I read this suspenseful novel. I thought I was doing pretty good at predicting every piece of mystery but the author got me at the end. I wish the author would have added just a bit more of the story of Vida Winter. Definitely a sign of a good book, it left me wanting more.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I think her ending is one of the best mystery twists out there. It's plausible, but there is no way to see it coming. So good. I'm glad you liked it. The bookclub I discussed it with here was half liked, half hated. So interesting to me when I have such an opposite reaction from people I consider fairly similar to myself.

cjanerun