This past weekend I escaped for a little R&R with some great friends. KariAnn invited a group of us to her cozy cabin in the woods. We had the best time driving together and chatting it up all the way. The great conversation continued over a yummy Thai food dinner and were it not for the skiing we had planned the next morning we could have talked all night. We woke up bright and early ready to hit the slopes. For those of us used to skiing with our little kids in tow it was a great escape. The day started out great although it was a tad icy in spots. During our lunch break it started to snow and dumped several inches in just a couple of hours. We went back up the mountain after lunch and did a few runs. Some of the lifts were closing and we rode up to the very top to get to a different part of the mountain. When we got to the top it was so foggy. I absolutely hate skiing in the fog. A nice ski patrol guy guided us to where we could get down the mountain to the lodge. At one point I could only see several feet in front of me. Miraculously we skiied right out of the fog into clear skies and visibility and LOTS of fresh snow. We just couldn't stop the skiing was so great. We kept saying, "One more run, one more run." I'm ready to do it all again this weekend.

+copy2.jpg)
7 comments:
The science project looks fabulous, as does the cake for the Blue and Gold! I'm glad you had the opportunity to get a rejuvenating weekend with friends in before Jason was gone!
Great skiing pictures!!
I'm glad you liked Thirteenth Tale...kind of creepy though!! Can't wait to discuss.
The mold experiment looked fantastic...kuddos to you for allowing the moldy cheese to be part of the project. I couldn't take one more second of it...we took pictures and immediately ran it out to the garbage can outside.
Great cake!! Very cool.
This post really makes me want another girls weekend!
You ladies look like you're having a blast! What a fabulous idea to have a little girls weekend - kind of like the scouts and their high adventures, but without the pesky teenagers :)
Looks absolutely delightful. So sad that I am no longer a part of it. But I'm so glad you guys all have each other. You are a fantastic group.
oh i love to see the girls weekend pics. nothing better than playing with friends!
and though i have not hit the slopes since having kids, i can relate to this post. what a treat for all of you.
Sounds like a perfect weekend! Those photos are all so great.
Post a Comment