a week ago. What is wrong with me? Here it goes. The perfect thing to update my blog:
What I was Doing Ten Years Ago:
Eli was 2 and Jonah was just a 2 month old baby. Jason and I had just moved from Portland, OR to Jason's hometown. We were so excited and lived just down the street from Jason's parents. The house we lived in belonged to Jason's grandparents who had passed away. On the back of the house was an addition that had been built on to house the offices of our family business. Jason's parents had fixed the house up for us and put in the same carpet and painted the walls the same color as our house in Portland. It was so cute. It was a small house and we only lasted there for nine months because my brother came to live with us for his senior year of high school. Since the office was attached to our house Jason didn't have far to go for work and I would often go visit him throughout the day. Most people parked in front of the house so I could see if people were there. One day I didn't see any cars so I flung the door to the office open and said, "hey, Sexy!" Jason's uncle was sitting at his desk so I just slammed the door shut and pretended it never happened. I still get red when I think of it. I will never forget Uncle Don's face. oops!
What I was Doing Five Years Ago:
Five years ago Anna was 6 months old. We had four little kids and believed our family was complete. I was busy looking for a piece of property that we could build a house on. Little did I know that in China a baby girl was about to be born and that she was our daughter. We ended up finding a great house on our dream lot around the same time Lily was born. It has ended up to be such a blessing for our family.
What I was Doing One Year Ago:
One year ago I had finally arrived by sending my youngest to preschool! Of course I had three kids in the same preschool but they were all there. I had also just started a blog. In fact this could be the first anniversary of my blog.
What I did Yesterday:
Yesterday I went to church and then some more church. It was the first Sunday of our new ward and it was so fun to see everyone in our ward. I also got to visit all the other new wards in our stake and check out their primaries. Last night we went to a great fireside for the youth about the Armor of God.
Five Snacks I Enjoy:
Ice Cream
Chips and Salsa
Fresh Fruit
Cheese
and of course CHOCOLATE
Five Things I would Do if I suddenly Had One Hundred Million Dollars:
Freak out!
Pay Off my house
Give
Give
Give
I actually would not wish for 100 Million dollars, it sounds like too much responsibility for me, but I could handle 10 million.
Five Bad Habits:
Yelling too much
Wasting Time
Late
Occasional Swear Word
Lack of exercise
Tv
The Office, Flip That House, The Amazing Race. I'm in a major TV lull after a summer off. I'm reluctant to start the habit again.
Five Things I like Doing
Travel
Boating
Reading
Blogging (reading, more than writing)
Talking to friends
Five (three) Things I Hate
Slow drivers
laundry
credit cards
Five Things that are bring me Joy
Preschool started today
Jack is taking a nap
Jason's back from his trip
I'm making my freezer meals
All my kids are happy

+copy2.jpg)
16 comments:
These are always fun to read!! Yah for preschool starting.
Great Tag!! Wow, its amazing how far you've come in 10 years! Glad that preschool is in swing and that Jack still takes naps! Wish Eleanor would! ;o)
Anne
What a fun post to read, Andrea. Your Uncle Don story is a good one!
I'm glad you updated! I love that Uncle story. But mostly because I love that you call Jason "Sexy":)
What a difference 10 years makes, huh?
Love the Uncle Don story...you're probably his favorite niece-in-law huh? Freezer meals...so impressed.
i love this post
love your loves
yay for preschool, too
I'm so glad Jethro came, prompting you guys to get your house by the park in 6th ward. I still remember coming over for ice cream right after you moved in.
I spent Labor Day Weekend doing freezer meals, thinking they'd last until Halloween. They're all gone! Oh well, back to Wendy's.
I am so glad you did this. How crazy to think you thought your family was done and now look at you. You are an inspiring woman!
Fun post Andrea! I love flip that house too - it's so fun to watch!
Fun to see what you were doing at different times in your life.
This is a fun list. I love hearing about your complete turnaround after believing your family was complete. That inspires me to always keep my heart wide open. You never know what opportunities might be missed if you set your mind in stone.
hope all is well! busy, i am sure. just wanted to say HI!
Five years ago you were just getting to know me (and my family). Seriously, I'm really surprised (okay shocked) that I didn't at least get a mention on the list. Oh well:)
Jay
Great list! It is so fun to read about what you do and what you like.
So cute. I love all the fun info. I wonder if uncle Don remembers the incident?
Great Tag.
At one time we were only six ----bio that is, until we adopted 4 more girls to make it five and five. Now we are adopting again.
Your family is beautiful!
Post a Comment