Just less than a year ago our stake broke ground on a new building. Finally after months of speculation our stake had a five ward meeting to announce the boundary changes of several wards. It was so cool to sit in a jam packed meeting and see the changes unveiled and to hear who our new bishop was. Since we plan on living in our house forever these changes could have impacted our family in a big way but luckily we made out ok. We are sad to lose one of our favorite families, the Taylors. They have three kids that are the same ages as our kids and Devin was probably Eli's favorite adult in the entire ward. But other than that our new ward should be good for our family. We are happy about our new bishopric and most happy that now we can start getting to work creating a new ward with new traditions. Our ward only lost people and we got a new name. We are now the Glenrose Ward which I love since I love the Glenrose area where we live.
Afterward we had a fun get together with lots of friends. Why we don't do this more often I don't know. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon and so fun for the kids to play with all of their friends. The adults had a fun time discussing all the changes, eating yummy dessert and playing a fun game.
I seriously had the best time piecing all of the rumors together and trying to figure everything out. Luckily there were a few surprises left for me on Sunday.
So, to celebrate all the changes in a new way we expanded our book group and had several new people attend last night. It went surprisingly well for a group that isn't used to being together. We discussed the book "Simplify" by Carolyn Rasmus and the article that Kristi recently referenced on her blog. There were lots of tears and the discussion was so good that the last of us didn't leave until 2:30 am. I think it may be a new record, but it was worth it. I needed it since I had reached a low point earlier in the day when I lost my temper with the kids. Even though I was functioning on zero sleep I was such a better mom after last night's group therapy session.
Yesterday was a day of tears in other ways too. I met with a new primary presidency in our stake for a routine orientation. The president was so tender and she teared up several times. I feel like it was such a tender mercy to meet with her and she epitomizes everything I believe primary to be. She is older than most of our primary presidents (50's) and she described her calling and the chance to work with the kids as manna from heaven. I couldn't agree with her more. It was a real testimony to me that primary is such a special place to be and I think my heart will forever be with this organization.

+copy2.jpg)
12 comments:
How exciting to have new changes, Andrea.
Wow, bookclub sounds great!
So who comprises the new bishoprics?
Kathy, we are now the Glenrose Ward and our boundary ends at Havana. Jim Porter, Chris Caviness and Eric Shirley are in our bishopric. From Havana to Freya is now the 6th ward and Brian Finn, Richard Birch and Dan D'hulst are the bishopric. The Moran Prairie ward is now Freya to Custer and Bill Peacock, Don Lynn and Tim Powell are that bishopric.
Great to hear from you.
I can't believe there were some surprises for you. You have your ways and I was sure there would be no stone left unturned:)
Bookgroup sounds like fun. Who else came?
My sister Emily just got called as Primary President and when we were talking, she said, "I want to call Andrea and get her ideas." You seem perfect for the job! The stake primary is blessed to have you serve with your heart.
It's so great about your new ward Andrea. it's always fun and a bit scarey when your ward splits. But great that most families will be staying with yours. The new primary president sounds like a gem, I can imagine she's probably in heaven with her calling! Great news!
so interesting to hear about the changes. i find the "ward" and "stake" system (wrong term?) to be facinating!
so sorry to hear of tears, though when they are needed, they are needed! i will have to check this simplify book?article? out...
2:30 am!! I knew I'd miss all the good stuff. I hated having to leave early. :)
I am glad that the ward split went well. I am kind of dreading ours in a few weeks. It will definitely be bitter sweet for sure.
2:30am? Sounds like a fabulous girls night to me!
I'm so glad we are still in the same ward. I also enjoyed that time in the park. I'm glad Anna and Jackie hit it off. (It was nice getting to know you as well).
So happy the primary pres. loves it. I wasn't sure with all the cub scout stuff I bombed her with right up front, but sounds like she's got the big picture. A person like that is truly refreshing. You'll have to tell us all the details!
The new ward sounds exciting. I'll bet it's nice to have all the questions answered. Book group sounds awesome, wish I'd been there :(
It will be weird being in a ward with so many new faces without having moved. This is my first ward split. We will miss you guys, on Sundays at least. I'm so glad I get to be with Carolyn and Kristen now. At least we have some friends, right?
Post a Comment