
We had such a fun 4th of July. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures because when I got to the lake and set to take a picture my battery light started flashing and I didn't have a backup.
We did our traditional day at the lake to celebrate the fourth. Usually we spend the night so that we can wake up at the lake 4th of july morning but I had an inconvenient church meeting on Tuesday night so we opted to sleep at home and then head out in the morning. We got up bright and early and arrived by 9:15 am. The river was already like a freeway with so many boats going up and down but we braved the crowds and were spoiled with nice enough water that all who wanted to were able to ski.
After our family ski we headed to the cabin where we hung out with Jason's brother, Rex, who is visiting with his two kids and wife from Alaska. We had fun tubing and swimming with the kids. It was so unbearably hot that we needed lots of dips in the water to keep cool. After a day in the sun we needed a family nap and all took a little rest. The only people who slept were Jason, Jack and I.
After dinner we all waited patiently for 10:00 for the fireworks to start. We loaded all the kids in the boat and made our way to the middle of the lake to watch the fireworks. We were able to get close to the barge and had a great view. They had some awesome fireworks that we had never seen before so that made it fun. The little kids were all in awe and loved every minute of it. Everytime we started the boat engine to correct our drifting the little kids all screamed "don't go!" They thought we were leaving. I love this family tradition that we have and the memories we are making for our kids.

+copy2.jpg)
10 comments:
The fireworks on the lake! Stop! You are making me green with envy. What a great way to spend the 4th.
Wow! What a fun way to watch fireworks!
Anne
Sounds like a blast! Wonderful memories for the kids. Take care!
wow, awesome way to enjoy fireworks! We just got to sit at the hospital parking lot because tim was working. Oh well, we saw fireworks and dad so it was ok.
No better way to see fireworks than on water! Double the show, I say!
I'm glad you had a great day and had the water when you needed it!
Awesome picture. Fireworks on the lake - nothing could be more American! So glad you had fun - our 4th was overcast and cool - very un-spokane-ish.
Sounds fun...we have fireworks on Twin Lakes too and watch them from our boat...it is the BEST. We always stay at the lake the night before the 4th too because at 10 am there is a big boat parade. Everyone decorates their boats in red white and blue. Our red and white Moomba fits in perfectly! :) The kids love it and then it is fun on the water all day!
How fun! We just sat on Devin's parents lawn and set off our own fireworks and watched the neighbors set theirs off. It's fun for the kids.
What a cool thing to do. We never made it to the lake for fireworks and now I wish we had.
I bet your kids LOVED being "under" the fireworks. That sounds like the perfect setting. This was the first year all my kids stayed awake for the big show. I've found lots of sugar around 9:00pm does the trick! :-)
Post a Comment