Thursday, July 26, 2007

Book Review #8-Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows


After patiently waiting for Eli to finish the book (it only took him 2 days) I was so excited to finally get my hands on Harry Potter Book #7.

I don't know how J.K. Rowling does it but she must be well-versed in casting spells because there was surely an enchantment over the pages in my book. Once I picked it up I became oblivious to the needs/wants of my family. The laundry piled up. The kids ate whatever they wanted and I devoured Harry Potter. Only when the last page was turned and a few tears were shed did the spell break and I return to normal.
This book far exceeded my expectations and I am so pleased with the way J.K. Rowling concluded this series. I won't divulge any of the plot but I am so excited to discuss this book with my book group in a couple of weeks.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that did this! I am impressed that you were able to wait two days...I don't think I would have made it.

Anne said...

Ugh! I've only made it to chapter 13! Working on it though! Thanks for not giving it away!

Anne

jenny said...

I am having a hard time between doing stuff and trying to read. I think I have a hard time sitting. But I am really loving it thus far..........

Michelle Alley said...

I preordered my book and it shipped on the 22nd, but isn't supposed to be here until the 9th of July - what is a woman to do? I am learning about patience this week, it seems.

I appreciate your comments on my blog. So glad that getting help has worked. I seem to be seeing a slight change in the girls, but I'm not sure if that's because my parents are in town. Only time will tell. You're so sweet, thanks again :-)

Lucy said...

I'm glad we got to discuss it on the phone so we doing spoil it here. I love reading good books!

Denise said...

Our book club is doing HP7 in August, and I'm dying to get to it! First we have to get through July, doing a perfectly fine book that I don't want to discuss because I'm far more excited to talk about my boyfriend, Harry.

I loved it, I'm sad it's over, I'm very happy with the way she finalized things, I sniffled a few times...JKR definitely has a way with words.

Reuel and Ana said...

While I agree the book is well written. I did not like it. tooooo much violence. Tooooo many Of the people I loved died. The chapter on Dumbledore was silly, and then the ending was corny and expected. I think number five was the best. I read it in two days. staying up tell 4:30 am to finish it. It was $32.00 down here. But I did get it in English. I think she also opened it up to another series with the children. Sorry I did not like it.
love
dad

cjanerun