A few months ago Emma and her friend Abbie checked out a book about rabbits from the library. They were obsessed with it and studied all the facts and info about taking care of a rabbit. Emma was so passionate about getting a rabbit that we told her if she could earn the money for a cage and the actual rabbit she could have one. We never thought she would do it. Next thing we knew she wanted to do a bake sale. Not wanting to squelch her enthusiasm we whipped up some of our favorite chocolate chip cookies and rice crispy treats.
We started out at the park and then Grandpa suggested she move to a more populated area. He took her to the high school where there was a tennis tournament and a baseball game just letting out. She ended up selling all her stuff in about 5 minutes and made $20 bucks. Two more bake sales followed and I was getting nervous. Luckily she went with Abbie to get a kitty and decided that's what she wanted. I was afraid it would upset our other cat but after consulting other cat owners we decided to go ahead and let her get the 2nd kitty. She named her May because that was the month she was born. Our whole family loves this new cat but she's all Emma's. Because she had to work so hard for her she is taking good care of her. She was really hyper at first but has settled down as she's become more used to her new surroundings. Emma is in heaven.


+copy2.jpg)
5 comments:
Sounds like you are having a fun summer!! I love that first picture of Emma.
Oh, I pray none of my children ever seriously wants a pet. Way to encourage ingenuity and an entrepreneurial spirit!
May is pretty cute.
Pretty Kitty. That is awesome that Emma did the bake sell. I am glad she got a Cat over a Bunny. I just can't believe you have two cats!!
Cute! So wonderful that she earned it herself! You are raising great kids.
back in the olden days I had 20 does and about 3 bucks. raised them all myself. I had does that would give birth to 16 bunnies at a time. of cource I had a different way selling them then I am sure Emma would want to do. way to go Emma.
Post a Comment