Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Sleep Deprived
It is a rare day that I indulge in an afternoon nap. The hours between 12:30-3:00 are valuable to me. It's my small window of time to run errands or work uninterrupted around the house. I usually pack it in and try and get a lot done. Yesterday as I was driving home with the sun shining through the car windows I started to feel a little drowsy. I was talking to my friend Betsy on my cell phone as I drove home and when I arrived home I went straight to my bedroom and lay down on the bed. It was shortly after one and I had big plans to fold laundry and make dinner before I picked Jack up from school. After I ended my conversation I thought to myself I will just close my eyes for five minutes and then get up. Imagine my surprise when I heard the phone ringing, waking me from a sound sleep. I was too out of it to even jump up and grab the phone. I checked the time and was shocked that it was 3:30, half an hour after I was supposed to pick Jack up from school. As embarassing as it was to sleep while I was suppposed to be getting Jack, I have to admit that nap was pure heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+copy2.jpg)
1 comment:
that is the nice thing about being retired. you can take a nap every day. what joy.
love
anandad
Post a Comment