As I opened my temple bag on Saturday night I saw nestled in with my temple clothes two size 3 diapers. They have been in my bag since June 2004. I put them there the day we went to the temple to have Lily sealed to our family. They were there just in case she needed a diaper change and I haven't had the heart to remove them from my bag. They serve as a very visual reminder of a day I never want to forget, when heaven seemed within my grasp. When we walked in the sealing room there were our children, all dressed in white, looking like little angels. Lily became, what she always had been, a member of our family forever. The experience was repeated in 2006 when we returned to the temple again as a family, this time for Jack.

Saturday night we were surrounded by friends in the temple. It was a stake temple day so we were there with people we know but don't always see very often. There were several people in attendance that Jason has known his whole life. I was humbled by all the great people that surrounded us and the influence they have been on our lives. We are all tied together in one way or another and when we remember this we can also remember who we are. I'm grateful for two little diapers that remind me of this.

+copy2.jpg)
7 comments:
What a sweet story. I'm so glad you made it. One of my favorite temple memories is going on a ward temple night and then hitting Red Robin afterward with the awesome people in our ward. I wish Jay and I could have been there. Makes me miss you guys!
That really is so sweet! I thought our Stake Temple Day was just amazing. It was such a neat experience. Tyler and I went early in the morning and then Tyler came back in the evening to do baptisms with the youth as it was Reilly's first time. We both kept commenting on how neat it was to see the temple full of friends from our stake all day long...adults and youth alike. Very powerful.
Such a sweet story!! I wouldn't remove those diapers either. Those bums just don't stay little long enough! Wasn't that a great day saturday? We enjoyed seeing friends too, and I got a mall trip out of it! Thank goodness for the strategic location of the temple!!
Andrea
that was a very touching blog.
thank you.
anandad
I love this blog post, everything about it. And I love that picture. How fast time goes by.
Such a sweet story Andrea. I love that you kept those diapers in your bag - beside our actual adoption day, going to the temple was my 2nd favorite. Thanks for your reminder and thanks for your beautiufl post above about your son - you are truly a beautiful mom.
How sweet! I'd probably keep them there for a memento too!
Post a Comment