Thursday, April 17, 2008

Overscheduled

Today was jam-packed with so many things but they were all good so it's hard to complain. We invited the missionaries to bring a lady they are teaching to our house for dinner and a discussion. I forgot when we arranged it that it was also our ward's night to serve dinner at the Ronald McDonald House. Miraculously (and I don't say this lightly) I managed to clean the house, make the dinner and get it in the oven before I left for Ronald Mcdonald, rush to the Ronald McDonald house and make two Texas Sheet Cakes, rush back home only to discover that the little kids had turned off the oven, quickly feed the little kids grilled cheese, put all three of them in bed (phew!) and try and finish the dinner. Jason was working out of town and just couldn't manage to make it home in time so the big kids and I hung with the missionaries while we waited for the lady to show. Luckily she was an hour late due to the missionaries failure to give her directions to our house. Perfect since it allowed the roast to finish cooking. She was a sweet lady with a son Eli's age. After dinner the missionaries showed the "Restoration" DVD and I got all choked up watching it thinking what a blessing it is to have living prophets on the Earth and how cool it was that this lady was hearing this for the first time. She seemed to think it was cool too.

As busy as I was this was the best day of a difficult and long week. The weather has been so grey and cold that I've had a hard time getting myself going or motivated to do anything. I learned today that when I am willing to sacrifice and willing to serve, the Lord seems to make up for the rest. I went to bed tired but satisfied.

2 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

that is the part of the peace that comes from serving the Lord. He always willing to bless us, we just need to do more service for him to do it.

carlo said...

how do you do it, andrea??? Seriously you amaze me!! I would love to see you in action with all you do.

i could learn a lot from you, i have a feeling!

cjanerun