Friday, February 29, 2008

We survived!

Wow, this week had two major events that require my help and attentiveness. The first is the Science Fair. It took me a couple of years with Eli before I realized that the Science Fair wasn't required every year. So now the kids only do it when they are required. 5th grade is one of those years and Jonah chose to experiment with which type of cheese would mold first. We've had cheese molding in our kitchen drawer for several days and it was a relief to throw it out.

Next up was the Blue and Gold banquet with a Chinese New Year theme. Jonah wanted a dragon cake and this actually turned out to be pretty easy. I did some internet searching and found the idea to print out a picture of a dragon face and attach it to the front of the cake. I think it turned out pretty cute. Jonah baked it and decorated it. I shopped for the supplies. I also put all my Chinese souveniers to use and helped Carolyn decorate for the big event.
In addition to all these extra things going on Jason was out of town 3/5 days. I really depend on him so it was hard to do all the extra stuff with him gone. A little absence always makes the heart grow fonder.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lucy said...

Wow! That's quite the cake! Looks like a lot of work, but your kids are going to be grateful for both of their checked-in parents.

cjanerun