I've spent the last two days lounging around the house and it's been so fabulous. Wednesday I did laundry and tried to organize our storage room (this will take several more days to complete) and yesterday I decided to get dressed. My friend Kelly brought her youngest son Max over for me to watch while she and Tony went to the temple. He was so easy to watch and the kids had a great time playing with him. While spending so much time at home I decided it was time to re-do Jack's room. I brought out Eli's old train table from the storage room and set it up in Jack's room. When we brought Jack home from China we bought a cute little toddler bed so that we could set it up in our room if Jack needed to be near us for comfort. We also bought a twin size bed so that he would have it in his room. He became so attached to the toddler bed that he has slept in it ever since.
A couple of weeks ago I asked him it he wanted to sleep in the big bed and he said he did. He's been sleeping in it ever since so I decided to move the toddler bed out. I listed it on Craig's list and it sold immediately. I wasn't prepared for the emotions that followed. Since Jack was 2.5 when we adopted him I haven't gone through the pain of taking down a crib and realizing it was my last baby. We sort of glossed over all that stuff knowing we would have more children but not realizing how old our youngest would be when he came home. Anyway, I got a little emotional taking down that toddler bed and realizing that my youngest is 4.5. Where has the time gone? It has flown by in a blur and I'm sure that every milestone of my youngest kids will be this way. With their close proximity in age I am sure to be a mess when Jack leaves home.
Tomorow is family picture day. It is so much work to get 8 people looking good all at the same time. Our appointment is at 4 pm and I am sure it will take us all day to get ready. Last Friday the boys got haircuts and Jason and I got ours done today. I usually have the girl who does my hair do all the little girls but she wasn't able to this time. This means I have to risk Great Clips and spend a small fortune. Everybody has something to wear except Eli and Jonah. Hopefully tonight I will find them something.
I've gotten so much mileage out of last year's family pictures that it will all be worth it.

+copy2.jpg)
15 comments:
I like your pictures from last year a lot. Who do you go to? Maybe we should give them a try after the baby comes home.
Nice page re-do!
Beautiful page redo! Are last year's pictures what you have featured on your blog front? Because I LOVE those!
At first I was almost nautious when you started talking about family pictures. SO MUCH WORK! But when I see the end result I am thrilled for you. Worth the work I am sure.
Next week is my homebody week. I can hardly stand it. I won't leave the house, except for the one day I have booked a facial! Wee!
I love your family photos! They always turn out so great! I really like photographers that know how to work with kids and let them be themselves! I can't wait to see the new ones, or are you going to wait for Christmas to debut them?
P.S. I love your new page!
Oh how I wish I could have been there to do everyone's hair!!! Good luck with the photo session. I can't believe it's been two years since you adopted Jack! It is crazy how fast time goes. Glad to see you are doing great!!
I'm glad I didn't realize that Whitney was going to be my last baby otherwise I would have been sad every step of the way. I really thought I'd end up with 4 kids, but it just hasn't worked out that way and now I feel okay about it.
I'm anxious to see your family photos!
Good luck with the photos. We've had to cancel to appointments so far. Maybe someday.....
Cute little room for Jack! I love the new layout of your blog.
love the new header! fantastic.
oh and the fab pic of your house-- i would be a homebody too! so lovely and inviting.
I am assuming your last year photos are the ones at top? They did turn out great!
I hope you have good luck this year as well. I can only imagine getting all 8 of you to look at once.
Yeah for staying home. I have been hoping for some time to finish all the messes I keep creating.
Jack's room looks so cute! I know exactly the emotions you are going through! The reason my house is such a mess is because I am going through all my baby things. It is hard to say goodbye!!!!
Can't wait to see your new family photo!
I love your new heading. It is inspiring me to hire my husband to do one for me!
I can't wait to see your new family photos. We are going to attempt ours this coming weekend. I get nauseous when I think that we have never officially done a family photo with Eli in it! It makes me sick, sick, sick to think about it!
I'm impressed with all the things you are getting done!! I can't wait to see the new pictures. I LOVE the ones from last year. You don't even want to know when our last formal family picture was...REILLY WAS TWO!! It was so gruelling we haven't dared to do it again. I usually just have one of the three kids together done pretty regularly. Your family picture has been inspiring me to brave it again.
I love your new layout. And the picture of your family nearly brought me to tears last year becuase it is so beautiful. Good luck with the new one. We just got family pictures done with my parents. The color scheme was brown, cream, and wine. Kind of gross. I didn't have anything to wear, and my mom was adamant about sticking to the scheme, so I ended up borrowing her sweater, consequently I looked about 50 years old for the shot. Then my sister in law showed up wearing black with her husband and boys in yellow shirts. Of course, my sweet mom said nothing, and I had to disguise my disgust while wearing a matronly brown sweater.
Jacks room looks so cute. I love that bedding. I can't wait to see your new pictures.
Post a Comment