Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Day of Labor

This is how we spent our labor day, laboring together to can 5 boxes of peaches.
Photobucket
Given a choice we would have rather been at the lake but the weather didn't cooperate. Instead I made a goal to not leave the house all day and tackle the peaches. I thought all day as I was doing it how cozy it would be to can all our food and wondered how people used to do it. The kids were content to be home all day--we are on the go too much and it was the perfect way to ease us into the school year.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Look at all of those peaches!!!! You'll be enjoying those all winter. I can taste the Greenbluff from here:)

Unknown said...

if you're missing a few jars...it wasn't me! ok, maybe it was. you'll love those in feb!

Reuel and Ana said...

l love canned peaches. they look so good.

Betina said...

your photos are looking grrreat!

patsy said...

It was so fun to see you at BYU last week!
I wish I would have taken a picture!!!!

lawdy said...

I am missing you. Please come and see us!

cjanerun