Monday, January 11, 2010
Sunday Roast
We are creatures of habit around here and all the kids love our traditional Sunday dinner of Roast, mashed potatoes, and carrots. Now that we have church in the afternoon we can get everything prepped before church and in the oven to cook while we are gone. There'e nothing like walking in the door, hungry and tired after three hours of being spiritually fed and being greeted by the aroma of a completed dinner in the oven. But when the oven is accidentally set to 550 degrees for four straight hours the smell that greets one when walking in the door is a little different. In fact the smell was so strong that it greeted us in the garage and lingers still this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+copy2.jpg)
9 comments:
What do my delighted eyes behold? A second post in a month from my dear friend??? Bliss.
And funny. I love that you took a picture. It's that ability that keeps the insanity at bay:)
oh, wow. i've never done that before. but i bet it's somewhere still-to-happen on my life list.
happy new year!
Cool. You're very own science fair project! Welcome back, you've been missed! I looked up the Eyre's coming to TOFW in May, but we might be going out of the country with Stan on a business trip shortly after they come. Bummer. Still might work, we'll see.
sorry if sterling got close to your oven and turned the temp up. we're working on teaching him not to do this. sorry it ruined your meal.
What disappointment!!!!! Hope dinner goes much better this Sunday!
we also enjoy our Sunday roast, although it's never been quite that well done. hope the smell is almost gone.
Oh dang. That's all I have to say about that. No wait. I have one more thing to say, "What did you eat instead?"
Andrea! I am so glad to see that your beautiful family is doing well! I was browsing some friends' blogs and came across yours! Take care of yourself!
Sam (In case you don't really remember me, I went with you to China in '05 i think) :)
Holy crap, how did that happen?! It's comical to see now, but must have been hugely disappointing at the time.
Post a Comment