Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday Party Reprise

Emma and Anna's birthdays are 16 days apart which makes for a busy March. We are going to be out of town for Anna's birthday so we held her party early. It was a pleasant affair with a fun group of girls. They were content to do their crafts and color their treat bags. No one even complained when the pinata broke after only two girls had hit it. (I used the pinata on the hoe trick that I learned from Lucy's blog). We went with a butterfly cake. Anna was a very happy birthday girl and could barely wait for the party to start after she got home from school.

The rest of the weekend was low-key. Eli and Jonah held a scout campout in our backyard. Our scoutmaster can't leave town because he is on call for his job so we used our backyard. I loved it because it was so easy for the boys to get themselves ready. They just grabbed our tent and sleeping bags and were good to go. On Saturday we attended a baptism, cleaned the house and then went to a spaghetti dinner at Jack's school. It's our first Saturday in weeks that we haven't been skiing and we all experienced some withdrawals. Luckily we'll get a chance to hit the slopes a couple of times while we are in Utah this coming weekend.
Jack was so sick yesterday. We woke up and started getting ready for church and he was slow moving. I was getting ready and when I came out of my bathroom he was sleeping on my floor, curled up in a ball. I stayed home from church and he slept most of the morning. He spent the rest of the day laying on the couch. He didn't say anything all day, just rested. I must admit it was nice to experience the subdued Jack for a day. The house was so quiet and stayed clean. But today Jack is back, feeling much better and as active as ever.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to hear Jack is feeling better. Happy Birthday Anna! Can't wait to see you guys.

Reuel and Ana said...

looks like so much fun sorry that Jack is sick.
love
anandad

Carolyn said...

I'm playing a little "blog catch-up" this morning. It was so great to read about all your adventures. The Portland trip sounds wonderful and my girls have both informed me the parties were a BLAST! Glad Jack is feeling better.

cjanerun