Monday, January 05, 2009

Snowed in!




Basically we've been snowed in since December 18. We woke up to over 17 inches of snow in a 24 hour period. School was cancelled and Christmas break started early. Since that time it's snowed over 60 inches which is a record for our area. We typically don't even get that much snow in a winter. We went several days without mail and our gargbage man hasn't come in three weeks. We've spent hours shoveling, trying to dig out. Last night the County Sheriff closed all schools because the sidewalks are covered in snow and the snowberms are so high one can't see around them. It's looking like a pajama day around here.

8 comments:

Staci said...

The house looks gorgeous with that snow. If you're tired of it, we would love to have it all down here. We haven't gotten very much.

Kelly said...

That first picture is like a post card! I have been especially skeeved out by the no trash pick up I keep hearing about. You poor snow bunnies have earned a long summer!

Anne said...

How fun!! I hope your pantry is stocked! ;o)

Lara said...

I still can't believe how much snow we have!!! I so hope school is in tomorrow - just for a sense of normal.

Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Year - seems like forever since I've seen you. I guess gymnastics did have its perks.

Lucy said...

I keep thinking of you guys every time you make the news. C-r-a-z-y! I'm sure you are enjoying the pajama days but I hope you get dug out soon:)

Reuel and Ana said...

the top picture looks so cool. I hope you are having a good time. i am glad you still have power. happy winter wonder land.
love
anandad

Kristin said...

We stayed in our pajamas yesterday too!!

Michelle Alley said...

Wow, so fun! I love the photo of your home and the fun the kids are having outside! What a blast. love, Michelle :)

cjanerun