Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Beauty Parlor

A few nights ago I was up late and caught a showing on TV of Steel Magnolias. One of my favorite scenes is when all the ladies are in Truvy's beauty parlor chatting it up. Today I got my hair cut and turned my family room into my own personal beauty parlor. I had arranged for the gal who cuts my hair to do a house call since she recently moved to a salon that is 45 minutes from my house. I talked Carolyn and Kacey into joining me and we spent the afternoon moving in and out of the chair. We talked a mile a minute and it was fun to feel so productive, like we were killing two birds with one stone. If anyone local is interested in a fantastic cut at a great price the beauty parlor will be open again in about six weeks. Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

7 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

very cute honey.
love
anandad

Lucy said...

fabulous idea! If I was there, I'd be there:)

Michelle Alley said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog Andrea! You haircut home session sounds like so much fuN! And I love love your haircut! I am going in tomorrow for a color and cut! Too bad I can't stay home and do it!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

What fun!! I might get so wound up, I'll come away with purple highlights, but it sounds entertaining.

[alisar] said...

I love this! First, your haircut is darling. I love that picture of you. Second, what a great idea! Third, S.M. is one of my favorite movies of all time - I'm not even sure I could name my favorite scene because the entire movie is so charming! Merry Christmas.

Amy said...

Cute hair Andrea! You always look great!

Amy said...

Cute hair Andrea! You always look great!

cjanerun