Saturday, July 19, 2008

Valuable Life Lessons--25 Things I Learned at Camp, Written by Eli



There are many things that can be learned. For example, I can grant you with the info of who is writing this post. For your information, it is Eli, back from 6 days at an all-mormon camp. There, I learned many things, none of which I shall go into much detail about. I have narrowed into my top 25 things I have learned in those 6 days.

1. The girl's bathroom is always nicer than the guys' bathroom.

2. Pineapple Upside-down cake is tasty.

3. So is rabbit

4. Never buy too much pie

5. Alma is about 1/3 of the Book of Mormon

6. My dad gets angry if an airhorn is blown at 2:30 am. (I wasn't involved)

7. Tons of sugar + a ton of 12-18 yr-old boys= chaos

8. Your opinion of somebody can be lowered after a week in their co.

9. Your opinion of somebody can be improved after a week in their co.

10.If you hide a bunny in one of your tents, you're about to have war with the teachers

11. You can have testimony meeting at 10:00 at night, outdoors, in a swimsuit, with nobody but youth

12. When you do this however, the breaks between testimonies are longer and more awkward.

13. When you finally buld up the nerve to go up there to talk, everyone else seems to do so as well.

14. After sitting on a log for a week, the car's chairs are almost comfortable.

15. On the last day, they let us "sleep in" until 7:00. This goes to show that the definition of "privledge" is crafted by what we already have.

16. There is such a thing as to much sugar.

17. If you run your own camp, the food will taste better.

18. Sometimes, a small tent with 5 people in it is more comfortable than an extra-large one with 6.

19.The "Veggietales theme song"* gets on some people's nerves.

20. Our stake's bishops can put on a good skit.

21. Some people don't know the lyrics to "scripture power"**

22. when the lake is 3 miles away, be glad they invented cars.

23. Sometimes, 65ish boys can be almost annoying as your family

24. Non-LDS people probably don't understand a word of half of these things

25. The Coup de Grace, or most important thing I learned, was that out of 65 boys, about 6 can finish the Book of Mormon.

BONUS ROUND

26. Tipping a canoe is a fun pastime

27. I can only read 1/2 of the way through the BOM

Written by Eli

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great life lessons, Eli! I can't wait for my boys to have this experience. You're such a good example to the younger boys!

Reuel and Ana said...

nice list eli thank you
love
granddad jones

Unknown said...

i would like details on some of these...there have to be a good story behind them.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, how many 12 year olds know what coup de grace is? Impressive writing!! Excellent whit, and do I detect a bone dry sense of humor? That was a great post. Made me nostalgic.

Kristin said...

Great lessons learned Eli!! I enjoyed your wit and your insights. BTW I think tipping a canoe is fun too. ;)

Janiece said...

Oh what an awesome list!!!
I loved it!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

I have been perusing your blog. I love it. You are so funny. You have great descriptions for everything, It's like I am there experiencing it with you. You are a great story teller. You can check out my blog @ www.schmidtfan.org.

Lara said...

Wow, that must have been a great camp adventure! Thanks for sharing - I learned a lot from you!

cjanerun