Sunday, November 18, 2007

We made it!

After three days of travel we made it to So. California. We started on Friday and stopped at our friends, James and Betsy's house in Oregon. The kids were so excited to see their friends and partied late into the night. We woke up first thing and hit the road. We had a beautiful trip with lots of gorgeous scenery and fall colors. The highlight was crossing the willamette River on a ferry. We arrived at my brother's house in Sacramento and the kids were in heaven with their cousins and uncles. If given the choice they would have stayed there over Disneyland. George and Amy gave us the royal treatment with their beautiful house and tons of yummy food. We literally ate the whole time we were there. We left late this morning and all the kids are sleeping peacefully in their beds. We hope to get up early and arrive at Disneyland first thing in the morning.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Have a GREAT time!! I'm jealous!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh, I am so excited for you! Your kids are going to love Disneyland! I know you're released, but the 6th ward primary program was AWESOME!!

Amy said...

I am so glad you guys were able to visit us on the way! It was great to see all of you and I know you will have a great time at the parks!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun already! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Lara said...

Great to hear from you. So, you survived all the driving so far! It is actually a beautiful drive! Have fun with all your activities.

P.S. Jeraldine has written the script for her and Halle. Now we just need to practice.

P.P.S. The sign for the Ward Christmas party was way cute!!!! (And overheard others making the same comments).

Anne said...

Disney Land, how fun!! Have a great trip!

Anne

[alisar] said...

HAVE.FUN!!! We were there last Thanksgiving. It was SOOOO warm and fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

jenny said...

What a fun trip. So jealous it was much more scenic than ours. Hope you guys have a grand time in Disneyland!!

cjanerun